The deadline is creeping up on us - but there is still time for you to be part of the Shirtless Against Breast Cancer 2011 project!
October is Recognized as Breast Cancer Awareness Month in America, and back in July 2008, the staff of the Consulate was knocking about fund raising and awareness ideas, when the idea for a calendar came up. Now, if you know the people who were at that meeting, it would be obvious who mentioned Shirtless O'clock. One thing lead to another, and now we are gearing up for the third year of taking it off to raise eyebrows, awareness and funds.
Breastcancer.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing the most reliable, complete, and up-to-date information about breast cancer. Last year we were able to donate L$30,000 (at last year's exchange rate, that was $120 USD) to the cause. Every little bit helps, and with your help, we can do more this year.
The shots not selected for the calendars will be included in the 2011 coffee-table book, so everyone will be represented somewhere. You may - and indeed, are strongly encouraged - to submit several different poses. Seasonal poses might increase your chances of being included in one of the calendars, and general poses are always welcome for the book.
Your inclusion in either depends on the submission fitting the technical requirements:
1) Submissions should be e-mailed to email@example.com. No submissions should be sent in-world. Please make sure to include your avatar name with the e-mail.
2) These should be 2048 x 2048 SQUARE PNGs. (Best to choose "Save to hard drive" and select "Custom" to get the proper 2048x2048 shot.)
3) Please keep the composition TASTEFUL - Art, not smut, please.
4) No Minors. Diminutive adults are fine, but we wish to stay legal with this. Legal-age avatars only for values of the American legal system (18 years old or older), no exceptions, not even for time travellers.
5) Submissions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE 0100 SLT on 1 September 2010. LATE Submissions will not be considered.